Andros South Lodge is a 20-minute drive from the airport in Congo Town on South Andros Island. There are a couple of options for flying into Congo Town. Arriving in Congo Town – once you arrive in Congo Town, a representative of our facility will meet you at the airport for the short drive to our lodge. Nassau Information – if you’re going to spend some time in Nassau on your way to the lodge and want to know what we think you should do, you’re in luck; we wrote this blog post on that very topic, click here.
Island Travel – all of our anglers fly to Congo Town or South Andros Airport (TZN/COX).
- Western Air out of Nassau offers a morning (8 AM) and afternoon flight (3 PM) on Sundays only. Monday through Saturday they only offer an 8 AM morning flight, the turn-around times are typically 30-40 minutes later. On Sundays guests typically come in on the afternoon flight and make their departure in the morning. Scheduling your flights in and out of Nassau around noon works well and allows sufficient time to clear customs on both sides of your trip. You can make reservations on their website or by calling them. Here’s their phone number, 242-377-2222, and their website, https://westernair.flythebahamas.com/. This season the round-trip fare is roughly $180 per/person and can be paid online or at their ticket counter in Nassau.
- Flamingo Air out of Nassau offers a custom flight to Congo Town (TZN). This flight goes between Nassau and Mangrove Cay, however, they offer to add a stop to Congo Town for groups of 3 or more. This option is not available online, you must call to make a reservation. Here’s their phone number, 242-377-0354 and their website, http://flamingoairbah.com/. The price is around $80/one way + $30 add on for the Congo Town dropoff/pick up.
- Maker’s Air out of Fort Lauderdale – they offer a charter seat fare that is dependent on their current schedule. It’s best to give them a call for available seats and pricing. Here’s their phone number, 954-771-0330, and their website, http://www.watermakersair.com/. These flights are more expensive but can off-set the cost of having to overnight in Nassau. With Maker’s, you’ll clear customs in Fort Lauderdale at their terminal.
- Jet Aviation – Main: (242) 377-3355. Website: www.jetaviation.com/nassau.
- Kingdom Air – Frederick MacPhee, (242) 357-7346.
- Titan Air – Main: (242) 477-1335 or (242) 359-0406. Website: www.flycharterbahamas.com
Fort Lauderdale Charters
- Staniel Air – Main: (954) 900-2739, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Website: stanielair.com
- Makers Air – Main: (954) 771-0330, Email: email@example.com, Website: makersair.com.
- Air Flight Charters– Main: 954-359-0320, Website: airflightcharters.com.